The Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass Website is provided to present general and educational information to our clients and the general public and does not constitute legal advice. Our operation of this website is not intended to create and will not create an attorney-client relationship with you. We will not undertake representation of you until, among other things, we have confirmed that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. You should not send us any confidential information without first contacting one of our attorneys and receiving written confirmation that we may represent or advise you. Our receipt of unsolicited confidential information will not disqualify us from representing another party in any matter to which the information relates, and we will have no duty to keep any such unsolicited information confidential prior to the formation of an attorney-client relationship. The information presented on this Website may be considered attorney advertising in some jurisdictions.
Although the information on this website is intended to be current, complete and accurate, we make no representations that it shall be current, compete and accurate. We make no representations with regard to outcomes in any matters. The information presented may not be complete or accurate depending upon the specific legal issues. We reserve the right to edit or delete any materials from the Site at any time.
Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any legal action based upon the information contained in this Site without first seeking professional counsel.
USE OF MATERIALS LOCATED ON THIS WEBSITE
All materials on this Site are copyrighted by and all trademarks and logos are owned by Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP. Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use and access the Website in accordance with the terms of this Agreement; to use the Website for your internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and to make copies of materials on this Website for your internal, personal, non-commercial use. Your use of the Site or any materials from the Site for commercial purposes, or in any way that infringes on the copyright or other proprietary right of any third party, or in any manner other than as provided above without the express permission of Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP is prohibited.
Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied on our Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass's Copyright Agent with the information specified below in the form of a Notification of Alleged Infringement. It is Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass's policy to respond to clear Notifications of Alleged Infringement.
DMCA NOTIFICATION OF ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you would like to submit a claim of copyright infringement, please substantiate each claim by sending Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass's registered Copyright Agent a Notification of Claimed Infringement at the email or mailing address below:
To be considered effective, a Notification of Alleged Infringement must be submitted in writing and include the following information:
- (a) Physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive copyright that has allegedly been infringed.
- (b) Identification of the copyrighted material claimed to have been infringed.
- (c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled.
- (d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass to locate the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
- (e) Information reasonably sufficient to permit Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass to contact you, such as a physical address, email address, and telephone number.
- (f) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- (g) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you elect to send us a Counter-Notification, please send an email or letter to Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP's registered Copyright Agent noted above. To be considered effective, a Counter-Notification must be submitted in writing and include the following information:
- (a) Physical or electronic signature of the user or a person authorized to act on behalf of the user.
- (b) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- (c) A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- (d) The user's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the user consents to the jurisdiction of the County of Alameda, State of California and that the user will accept service of process from the person who submitted the Notification of Claimed Infringement or an agent of such person.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who are repeat infringers.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP, and our partners, members, associates, agents, attorneys, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, and affiliates (collectively, "Affiliated Parties") harmless from any liability, claim, loss, and expense related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP and our Affiliated Parties shall not be liable for any liability, claim, loss, injury, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (i) any errors in or omissions from the Site or information obtained, (ii) the unavailability or interruption of the Site or any features thereof, (iii) your use of the Site, (iv) the content contained on the Site, or (v) any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of an Affiliated Party.
ENFORCEABILITY AND TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
JURISDICTION AND CHOICE OF LAW
You expressly agree and personally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of appropriate subject matter jurisdiction in the State of California, to adjudicate and resolve any dispute with Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP, its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and Content providers or in any other way relating to the Site. Venue for any such adjudication shall be in San Francisco, California.
Questions or comments regarding this Site, including reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. mail to: