Erica Weber has a sophisticated and comprehensive transactional real estate practice focused on acquisitions and dispositions, financing and joint venture investments. She has extensive experience representing borrowers, lenders, developers and operators, real estate private equity funds, institutional and non-institutional real estate investors and energy companies in a broad range of real estate matters.
Erica advises clients on transactions involving individual assets and portfolios of properties in all real estate asset classes, including office, multi-family, hospitality, mixed-use, shopping centers, and undeveloped land throughout the United States.
Erica’s experience includes forming and representing joint venture partnerships, development, construction, permanent, mezzanine and preferred equity financing, including Shari'ah-compliant financing, ground leases and ground leasehold financing, wind and solar energy transactions, repurchase facilities, and loan portfolio financing. In addition, Erica specializes in representing clients in distressed situations, including debt restructurings, loan extensions, workouts, forbearance agreements, foreclosures and other enforcement actions.
Prior to joining Coblentz, Erica practiced real estate law at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP.
Development & Joint Venture Matters
- Represented the developer in a joint venture investment with multiple foreign partners for the ground up development of a $500 million office, retail and residential project in Boston. The project was the first U.S. investment for China’s two largest insurance companies.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in a series of Shari'ah-compliant transactions involving the formation of joint venture vehicles for the acquisition of (i) office buildings in California, Virginia, Washington D.C. and Florida and (ii) multi-family properties and multi-family property portfolios in California, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Colorado and Texas.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of multiple Bay Area properties, including an historic office building located in downtown San Francisco, a campus of office buildings (including ground leased property) located in San Francisco, and a campus of office buildings located in Marin County.
- Represented the seller of a Marriott branded hotel located in Hawaii for $125 million.
- Represented the seller of a multi-family property located in Silicon Valley for $85 million.
- Represented the owner and operator, as borrower, in a $400 million mortgage loan for the acquisition of a portfolio of senior living and assisted living facilities in California and throughout the United States.
- Represented the lender in a $166 million mortgage loan for the acquisition and renovation of a portfolio of hospitality assets located throughout the United States.
Erica is admitted to practice in California. She is a member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) and serves as Co-Chair of Volunteer Outreach for ULI’s UrbanPlan program, which brings real estate professionals to local high schools to teach a land use and development program. Erica completed the ULI Leadership Development Program in 2015.
Erica earned her law degree, with honors, from the University of Chicago Law School in 2006. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in History, magna cum laude, from Amherst College in 2002. Prior to law school, Erica worked in structured finance in New York.